These days, property owners can never be so sure about the safety of their perimeter. Burglars are lurking around just waiting for the slightest chance of getting access to properties through weak areas.
With this, you should be mindful of such security risks and begin investing in beefing up your perimeter security to deter illegal access. Some of these perimeter security enhancements cost a lot while some won’t break your bank, so you just have to choose which ones you can easily afford.
Here are the top tricks you can apply to improve your perimeter security:
- Install video surveillance that covers the entire perimeter. Video surveillance technology has become so sophisticated, yet still financially accessible that most property owners can have them installed. If you want to have a 360-degree visual coverage of your entire property, you should invest in a video surveillance systemthat would cover your entire perimeter. There are plenty of contractors out there who could set one up based on your specifications and needs, so ticking off this one should be fairly easy if you have the budget.
- Place motion-activated or fixed perimeter lighting. Would-be intruders to your property can be deterred if they know that they can be spotted and identified. At night, it can be quite a challenge, which is why it’s important to ensure that your property is well-lit. You should invest in motion-activated and fixed perimeter lighting so your property will have ample illumination at night to discourage intruders.
- Have custom gates or perimeter fence installed. Physical barriers are still among the best ways to fortify any perimeter. You should, therefore, invest in a good perimeter fence and custom-made steel gates to make your perimeter strong enough to prevent any attempt at forcible entry. If you have a nearby steel supplier, you can just buy the materials and have a contractor fabricate and install your desired gate and perimeter fence. Or, you can just tell them your specifications and let them take care of everything.
- Invest in a high-end intruder alarm system. Another excellent way to fortify your property’s perimeter security is to install a high-end intruder alarm system. This includes motion sensors, glass break sensors, and other similar shock sensors for windows, doors, and other points of entry. These types of sensors could sound a high-pitch alarm to startle the intruder and alert you of the illegal access attempt on your property.
- Install warning signage. There are times when the simplest and cheapest tricks work just fine. Among the economical means of enhancing perimeter security is installing warning signage to let potential intruders of your readiness to respond to their intrusion. There are also warning signage that informs outsiders of the security features you have in place, such as an electric fence and the ever-dependable pet dog.
These perimeter security tricks are vital if you don’t want to end up as a victim of theft and forcible entry, considering the constant dangers around you. Over time, the time and money you invest in them will pay for itself when you have peace of mind and your family remain safe while inside your home.
Meta title: Secure Your Property With These 5 Hacks
Meta desc: Your property should be 100% safe against unwanted access so you can have peace of mind. Learn about the top tricks to enhance your perimeter security.